Monday, June 27, 2011

94 Days of Summer: Alaskan Style

June 21st marks solstice for all of us living in the northern hemisphere and it is filled with sunlight and the promise of summer. A promise I took pretty lightly growing up in Virginia, where an Indian Summer might take you halfway through October before the air became crisp.

Life has carried me pretty far from those climes and these days I am prepared to use everyday that summer has to offer. I am often asked what life is like here. Well, living in Alaska, summer or winter, is a lot like going to camp. You mean to write, but you are on the move and writing letters home is often competing with sleep, but this year is going to be different! No for real – this summer I will send poorly edited letters, slightly sticky postcards, and maybe even some almost-in-focus photos back to document this odd life I am carving out up here. No promises about winter, but this summer is a sure thing!

I know, I know, I am already a week late and a couple of photos short, but you watch your in-box. You will get 94 days of Alaska summer in fun-size installments for your personal enjoyment!

More Soon,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment